This recipe is pretty easy if you're too busy to cook it with pots and pans. My kids love it! You won't regret shoving this in your mouth. I promise.
- Moroccan spice seasoning
- 750g of lamb
- 2 brown onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2x 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs veggie stock paste
- 100g water
1. Cut your lamb into chunks and coat with the Moroccan spice mix. Cover and either leave in the fridge overnight or for an hour... or if you're as unorganised as me... do it seconds before you make the dish.
2. I'm weird, and I like to chop my own damn onions and garlic so you can either finely chop your onion and mince your garlic, or put them and olive oil into the Thermomix and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5.
3. Scrape any garlic or onion back down to the bottom and then sauté for 2 minutes on Varoma on speed two with the blades going in reverse.
4. Add in your lamb and brown for 5 minutes on Varoma on speed two with the blades going in reverse.
5. Add in your tomatoes, stock paste, and water, place the simmering basket on top instead of the measuring cup, and cook for 55 minutes at 90 degrees on speed 1 with the blades going in reverse.
6. After this 55 minutes turn the heat up to Varoma and cook for another 20 minutes.
7. Serve with rice (or cauliflower rice if you're watching you're not keen on rice) and a dollop of either Greek yoghurt or sour cream.