This delicious egg-free banana bread is both vegan-friendly and moreish! Goes very nicely with a hot cup of chai… Let me know how you love it!
– 1 & 3/4 cups spelt flour (for a gluten-free version, use quinoa or coconut flour)
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1 & 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
– Pinch of Celtic sea salt
– 1/2 cup maple syrup
– 2 tsp vanilla essence
– 4 tbsp flaxseed oil (you can also use olive oil)
– 3 overripe bananas
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil and line with baking paper.
- Sift the spelt flour, baking powder, and bicarb into a bowl, mix through the salt.
- In another bowl add the bananas and mash like crazy. Add in the vanilla, maple syrup, and flaxseed oil and mix really well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until your batter forms.
- Pour into your prepared loaf tin, smooth the top out and for extra prettiness add half a banana (sliced lengthways) on top.
- Add to the oven and cook for about 45 minutes – check with a skewer to make sure it’s cooked through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm
If you are looking to take your health and well-being to another level, why not get involved in Martial Arts? At Wu Xing Dao Kung Fu, we take a holistic approach to Martial Arts. It’s not just about learning self-defence and punching and kicking, it’s also about self-discipline, health and nutrition.
After you have enrolled in martial art classes, we take time to help you understand the different types of martial arts and the various life skills that come with them. This allows you to make an informed decision when choosing the martial arts style you would like to learn. We ensure that every trainee learns how to defend themselves effectively as well as enjoy the many other health benefits that martial arts offer.