A favourite salad that is often found on restaurant menus, but questionable from a healthy eating perspective, this recipe is a healthier alternative that is better for your waistline!
– 1 slice of free-range shortcut bacon
– 1 slice of dark rye bread
– 200g free-range chicken breast
– 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
– A handful of shredded dark green lettuce
– A small amount of Caesar dressing
– Parmesan cheese to garnish
1. Heat some olive oil or coconut oil in a frying pan, season chicken breast with a sprinkle of paprika and place in the pan along with the slice of shortcut bacon.
2. Cook chicken thoroughly and cook bacon to desired crispness.
3. Wash the lettuce and place in a bowl.
4. Toast the rye bread as desired, cut into squares and sprinkle on top of the lettuce.
5. When chicken and bacon has cooked, chop into small pieces and mix through your salad.
6. Garnish with parmesan cheese, boiled eggs, and homemade Caesar salad dressing.