This recipe is a massive favourite for my kids. Its chockers full of nutrients and it’s tasty as hell! It makes a huge batch of nacho “mince” that can be used in other recipes too!
I sometimes throw in some red lentils for some extra iron and protein but you don’t have to add them. I find corn chips that only have corn, oil and salt as their ingredients!
– 2 cans of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
– 2 cans of diced tomatoes
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1/2 cup of red lentils (optional)
– 1/4 cup of coriander, roughly chopped.
– 1/4 cup of parsley, roughly chopped
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
– Drizzle some oil into a large frying pan and heat on medium to high heat.
– Add in the onion and sauté until soft, then add in the garlic and cook (stirring) until fragrant and softened.
– Throw in the kidney beans, tomatoes, lentils (if you want to use lentils) and coriander, parsley and some salt and pepper to taste.
– Cook until the sauce begins to thicken.
– Place a few corn chips on a heat proof plate. Top with the nacho mix, add a small amount of cheese and place in the oven for cheese to melt.
**While nachos are in the oven you could smash up some avocado with lemon juice and a little more coriander, quarter some cherry tomatoes… add the avo smash, a small dollop of sour cream and top with tomatoes