A fantastic healthy snack for those who are always on the go!
Bliss Balls are such a fantastic, easy snack to make and keep in the freezer in batches, ready to take out the day before using them.
They are so simple to make, and if you keep a few in a container in your bag or to take to work, they help you resist the urge to reach for less healthy snack options!
– 1 cup of unsalted almonds
– 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
– About 1/2 cup of pitted dates, chopped
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tbsp of ABC spread (you can also use tahini or any nut butter)
– 1 tbsp psyllium husks
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
– 1/2 cup of chocolate protein powder
1. Toss all the ingredients into a food processor and blend. You will need to add a few dashes of water so it turns into a bit of crumbly, relatively moist dough. Be careful not to add too much or it turns into a sticky mess.
2. Divide into small balls and then roll in some raw cacao powder or shredded coconut or even some smashed up pistachios.
3. Place on a tray and stick in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden.
4. Eat them all and don’t share! (Kidding, great to give to your kids or co-workers, you will be popular, especially as they are a guilt free snack option)
***Do you love Jaffas? Add some orange zest into your mix to make your bliss balls taste like Jaffas!