This recipe is a fantastic side dish or great to take to parties when you’re kind of stuck for ideas. Healthy and packed full of antioxidants, this is a great salad alternative!
A handful of flat-leaf parsley or mint
A handful of walnuts, slightly crushed
A handful of baby spinach
1. Grate the carrot and put it into a stain-proof bowl.
2. Grate the beetroot second and very gently mix the two together – the beetroot will stain the carrot so if you want a pretty salad, only lightly mix them.
3. Place the handful of baby spinach on your plate or bowl which you’ll be serving the salad in and gently place the carrot and beetroot mix on top.
4. Roughly tear the parsley or mint into small bits and sprinkle on the top of the salad.
5. Sprinkle the walnuts on top, drizzle with the juice from half a lime.